NCBIO 27th Annual Meeting 2021
Date and Time
Tuesday Oct 5, 2021
8:15 AM - 3:30 PM EDT
8:15 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Registration and Networking 8:15 - 9 a.m.
Morning Session 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Lunch 12 - 1 p.m.
Afternoon Session 1 - 3:30 p.m.
Hybrid - there is an option to attend in-person (limited capacity - RTP location to be disclosed later) or virtual via Zoom.
Member registration closed on Tuesday, Sept. 28, at noon. If you are a member and would like to attend virtually or would like to be put on a waitlist for in person, please contact our events director, Amber Niebauer, at email@example.com.
If you are not a member of NCBIO and would like to join us virtually, please contact NCBIO President Laura Gunter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Amber Niebauer, events director, NCBIO
North Carolina, the Cradle for Human Gene Therapy: A 30 Year Perspective
Join us this journey as our speaker walks us through his start in North Carolina, where we are now and propels us forward to what comes next.
- Jude Samulski, Ph.D., president and chief scientific officer, AskBio
NC features a critical mass of life science companies. Hear from four companies as they share their stories on navigating the stages of success.
- Juliana Blum, Ph.D., co-founder and executive vice president, corporate development, Humacyte
- Neal Fowler, former chief executive officer, Liquidia Technologies; chair, NCBIO Board of Directors (moderator)
- Buck Phillips, chief operating officer and chief financial officer, Ribometrics
- Ken Reali, chief executive officer, Bioventus
- Eric Ward, Ph.D., co-chief executive officer, AgBiome
Learn how companies, patient groups and other stakeholders are working together to keep the focus on the patient. Our panelists will have a direct conversation around the sequence of events and patient involvement, and lays out the challenge of access and payment. They will highlight the patient role and experience, and how they are looking to treat disease more holistically.
- David Cameron, M.P.H., senior director and global head, novel trial design, IQVIA
- Tom Croce, vice president, advocacy, bluebird bio
- Jenny Klein, Mucolipidosis type lll patient
- Justina Williams, M.S.W., Sickle Cell patient, patient engagement coordinator, Piedmont Health Services and Sickle Cell Agency
Panelists will discuss various topics including MDUFA and PDUFA reauthorization, drug pricing, decentralized trials and more.
- Christine Harhaj, director, advocacy and strategic alliances, PhRMA
- Joe Lanier, principal, Milestone Strategies
- Mike Mattoon, vice president, federal government affairs, BIO
- Sophia McLeod, director, government relations, Association of Clinical Research Organizations
- Hasan Shah, director, grassroots and member engagement, AdvaMed
Platinum: Bioventus, Cook Medical, Kymanox and VWR
Gold: FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies, Grifols, Merz, Novo Nordisk and PSC Biotech
Silver: AdvaMed, ALT, IQVIA Biotech, Marsh & McLennan Agency, Mispro Biotech, Smith Anderson, UCB and UniFirst
Bronze: Aranz Medical, Nikon, Novozymes and The Conafay Group