From Curriculum to Workforce: How to Bring Regenerative Medicine to Your Students
Date and Time
Wednesday Mar 8, 2023
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM EST
This webinar is hosted by the RegenMed Development Organization (ReMDO) and Stem Cells Portal and supported by the National Science Foundation Advanced Technological Education Program and Bank of America.
With the emergence of regenerative medicine in biomedical research, clinical translation, and scaled biomanufacturing, the foundational science and technology associated with the field is a requisite component of bioscience curricula for community college and baccalaureate bioscience programs.
In this webinar, an expert panel discusses curriculum building and how to include regenerative medicine in specific courses and programs. Faculty and academic leaders from community colleges and university bioscience programs are invited to participate in this free webinar.
At the conclusion of this webinar, participants will be able to:
• apply areas of their curriculum (both course and program) to the preparation of the technical regenerative medicine workforce.
• identify the connections between their current curriculum and the prospective technical workforce in regenerative medicine.
• investigate potential roles, technologies, and/or processes in regenerative medicine that align with their curriculum.
• articulate to students and colleagues the importance of regenerative medicine to their curriculum.
There are three speakers.
- Margaret Bryans, Ph.D., at Montgomery County Community College
- Cheryl Burrell, Ph.D., at Forsyth Tech Community College
- James DeKloe at Solano Community College